Thursday, January 24, 2008

adventures in shuffle

with my new, ridiculously long considering it's only 14 miles, commute, i've had a lot quality time for listening to music. the routine is usually to put the ipod on shuffle until something inspires me. today' s session ended with silkworm's "scruffy". not only did it put me in the mood for silkworm, it put me in the mood for more "scruffy". i listened through it twice, and considered a third. silkworm opens up my brain, digs through all my college and post-college memories, fires up photoshop, and then inserts a beer in my hand where necessary. while i can't say i was ever wild, i was lucky enough to have friends that were, and they were nice enough to let me hang around.



silkworm "scruffy" (from the collection "even a blind chicken finds a kernel of corn now and then" not sure what it originally appeared.)
Powered by www.myfabrik.com


listening to "scruffy" takes me back to this apartment:

29woodlandhillscassettecase

that's where i lived the first 4 months out of college. that's the living room. there was a cat named spud living there as well. he peed on everything, including people foolish enough to fall asleep on the couch. he wasn't allowed outside so the urine in the elevator wasn't his fault. that was the fault of my roomates.

there's a silkworm documentary either in the process of being made, or finished but not yet out. anyways, here's the trailer.



also these two songs came up before silkworm ended shuffle:

gorilla biscuits "sitting around at home" (from s/t album)
Powered by www.myfabrik.com


neil young "i got a problem" (from the album "landing on water" which as i remember was one of the bad ones, check out the used bins for evidence. good songs on bad albums are some of the best songs because they haven't been played to death like the best songs on a great album.
Powered by www.myfabrik.com

-
-

No comments: